As the holidays approach, the need for safe and timely shipping increases as we send gifts and cards to loved ones in the Armed Services. Due to the increase of shipping during these times, remember to follow the below tips to ensure that your packages arrive at your desired destinations in a safe and timely manner:
- MAKE SURE to send packages to your loved ones in the Services by these dates to ensure that they arrive before Christmas (December 25, 2010):Packages: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2010
Cards / Letters: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2010
- Include the name and address of the recipient (and your contact information) INSIDE the package.
- A fragile item needs at least 2 inches of protective material around it—such as bubble wrap or packing peanuts. Do NOT use clothing, blankets, pillows, plush toys, shredded paper, or newsprint to protect your fragile items!
- Don’t cover your package in any sort of paper over-wrap.
- Seal your package properly. Use ONLY approved packing tape such as clear or brown packing tape. Avoid improper tapes like masking tape, scotch tape, duct tape, or electrical tape.
- Some items shouldn’t be shipped, or can only be sent in small quantities for safety and legal reasons. Restricted materials include: aerosol cans, alcohol, ammunition, cigarettes, cigars, firearms, fireworks, lottery tickets, nail polish, dry ice, or perfume.
- GOIN’ POSTAL TALLAHASSEE has USPS PRIORITY MAIL FLAT-RATE APO BOXES !!! Stop in, and let us handle your holiday shipping needs !!!
Make sure to call Goin’ Postal Tallahassee at (850) 692-3130, visit us on the web at http://gpoftallahassee.com, or drive to our store at 5810 North Monroe Street, Suite 210A, Tallahassee, Florida, and we can help you package your items safely and cheaply!!!
You can also connect with us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/gptally) or like our Facebook fan page!
Posted in Shipping
Tagged afghanistan, apo, boxes, cheap shipping, christmas, christmas shipping, Fed Ex, flat rate shipping, fpo, holiday shipping, holidays, international shipping, iraq, mailing, operation enduring freedom, post office, Priority Shipping, Savings, Shipping, soldiers, tallahassee, troops, usa, USPS, war
In honor of Independence day (July 4th, 2010), Goin’ Postal Tallahassee will be sending ‘care packages’ to our troops stationed overseas, protecting our freedoms. You can help by donating items such as:
food-chips, nuts, beef jerky, candy, energy drinks, etc.—just make sure it is not perishable or need refrigeration.
hygiene items-mouthwash, sanitizing wipes, chapstick, etc.
magazines, books, etc.
We will also accept cash donations, which we will use to buy those items.
When you donate items to send, you will receive a coupon for 10% OFF of your next FedEx, UPS, or DHL Service!!!
Also, if you have a friend or family member in the military, stop by the store and give us their mailing information, and we will send them a care package as well !!!
The deadline to get items over to the troops is Next Saturday, June 18th, 2010. Visit our website, www.goinpostaltallahasee.com for hours and directions. Our freedom does not come without a cost—and these men and women are sacrificing everything to protect us—so PLEASE HELP SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
Posted in Postal-pourri
Tagged apo, Coupons, DHL, donations, Fed Ex, flat rate shipping, fpo, Independence Day, international shipping, July 4th, Savings, Shipping, soldiers, troops, UPS, USPS
It may seem hard to believe, but we are rapidly approaching the TENTH anniversary of Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan and Iraq. It is now more important than ever to offer whatever support we can to our friends, relatives, and loved ones who are making the sacrifice to protect our country’s interests abroad—and what better way to remind them that their efforts are appreciated than to send them a care package? Items such as candies, snacks, magazines can help make their time over there at least a little more comfortable; as can hygiene items like mouthwash, cleaning wipes, and lotion. And the USPS offers flat-rate shipping to APO/FPO destinations for really low rates!
To ensure that cards and packages reach your loved one or friend as quickly as possible, please be sure to:
- Use the service member’s full name, with or without rank or title.
- Unit designation
- APO/FPO with 9 Digit Zip Code
- DO NOT include the country or the base camp’s city.
- Include your return address.
- For parcels: only print on ONE side of the package and put the destination address in the lower right hand corner of the package.
Each country has its own specific restrictions and regulations on items in incoming mail and packages, and each 5-digit military post adheres to these restrictions and may also have additional rules of its own. To find out if you can send what you want to, just call Goin’ Postal Tallahassee at (850)668-1840 or look up restrictions to APO/FPO addresses online at http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/bulletin/2003/html/pb22101/apofpo.html
In general, the following items may NOT be mailed to APO/FPO addresses:
- Anti-Islamic or religious materials contrary to the principles of Islam for distribution to others (those for personal use only are usually allowed)
- Coffee, cigarettes, and tobacco
- Fruits, alcoholic beverages, materials used in the production of alcohol (yeast, hops, malt, etc.)
- Any materials or items of a pornographic, sexually explicit or graphic nature (including magazines, photographs, videotapes, CDs, DVDs, paintings, playing cards, greeting cards, pens, etc.)
- Any unauthorized political materials
Special Note: Some Muslim countries may have laws against displaying Christian symbols. Please keep that in mind when sending cards, packages, and letters. You’ll want to use envelopes and boxes that don’t bear Christmas decorations on them since customs may refuse to allow them to enter those countries.
This information has been provided by Goin’ Postal Tallahassee as a public service.
Goin’ Postal Tallahassee offers a variety of services from stamps sold at face value to mailing and shipping via the United States Postal Service, FedEx, DHL, UPS, freight and other carriers, as well as packing and shipping supplies, eBay services, copying, faxing, notary services, low-cost mailbox rentals, and much more. Visit us at 3491 Thomasville Road in Tallahassee, call us at (850)668-1840, or visit us on the web at www.goinpostaltallahassee.com
Posted in Shipping
Tagged afghanistan, apo, DHL, Fed Ex, flat rate shipping, fpo, international shipping, iraq, operation enduring freedom, prohibited shipping items, soldiers, troops, UPS, usa, USPS, war