See all of our mailbox services and fees in one convenient location:
With the rising number of people exploring the idea of having their own business, especially those which are home-based, the demand for private mailboxes has risen as well. Even people who simply dabble in the eBay marketplace occasionally feel the need to have an away-from-home location to receive items or payments. So, if you fall into any of these categories, or if you’re just tired of having your mail held every time you go out of town, here are some things to consider:
1) What are the benefits to having a P.O. Box at the U.S. Post Office? Other than price and 24-hour access, the U.S. Post Office does not have any features that distinguish their mailbox service from private mailbox rental facilities in a positive way. Delivery service is limited to U.S. Postal Service shipments–so the customer cannot receive UPS, FedEx, or DHL at their PO Box address. Also, most large parcels will not fit into the customer’s mailbox, so the postman will leave a notice in your box–then you must wait in the LONG LINE for a Postal Clerk to retrieve your package for you.
2) What can a Retail Mailbox Service Store offer me? A Private Retail Mailbox store, like ours here at Goin’ Postal Tallahassee, can offer all the services a PO Box at the U.S. Post Office can provide–with some added features:
– Ability to handle large parcels and deliver them to you WITH NO WAITING IN LINE!
– Ability to receive UPS, FedEx, DHL, and Freight packages–NOT JUST USPS packages.
– Ability to hold mail for you while you’re away, with no silly forms to fill out before you leave OR when you get back.
– 24-hour surveillance / locked protection of your mailbox and receivables.
– Notifications by e-mail when you receive mail
– For a moderate additional fee, we can scan your mail for you. You’ll receive emails directly from us on a daily basis with images of all of the mail you’ve received. We’ll forward physical copies of anything you request, and we can shred the remaining junk.
– If you’re going to be away from Tallahassee, we can forward mail to your current location — great for vacations or “snowbirds”!
So as you can see, unless you ABSOLUTELY require 24-hour access to your mailbox, choosing a mailbox from a private retailer is the smart way to go. Be sure to contact Goin’ Postal Tallahassee at
Make sure to call Goin’ Postal Tallahassee at (850) 692-3130, visit us on the web at http://gpoftallahassee.com, or drive to our store at 5810 North Monroe Street, Suite 210A, Tallahassee, Florida, and we can help you with your mailbox needs!!!