As the holidays approach, the need for safe and timely shipping increases as we send gifts and cards to loved ones in the Armed Services. Due to the increase of shipping during these times, remember to follow the below tips to ensure that your packages arrive at your desired destinations in a safe and timely manner:
- MAKE SURE to send packages to your loved ones in the Services by these dates to ensure that they arrive before Christmas (December 25, 2010):Packages: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2010
Cards / Letters: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2010
- Include the name and address of the recipient (and your contact information) INSIDE the package.
- A fragile item needs at least 2 inches of protective material around it—such as bubble wrap or packing peanuts. Do NOT use clothing, blankets, pillows, plush toys, shredded paper, or newsprint to protect your fragile items!
- Don’t cover your package in any sort of paper over-wrap.
- Seal your package properly. Use ONLY approved packing tape such as clear or brown packing tape. Avoid improper tapes like masking tape, scotch tape, duct tape, or electrical tape.
- Some items shouldn’t be shipped, or can only be sent in small quantities for safety and legal reasons. Restricted materials include: aerosol cans, alcohol, ammunition, cigarettes, cigars, firearms, fireworks, lottery tickets, nail polish, dry ice, or perfume.
- GOIN’ POSTAL TALLAHASSEE has USPS PRIORITY MAIL FLAT-RATE APO BOXES !!! Stop in, and let us handle your holiday shipping needs !!!
Make sure to call Goin’ Postal Tallahassee at (850) 692-3130, visit us on the web at http://gpoftallahassee.com, or drive to our store at 5810 North Monroe Street, Suite 210A, Tallahassee, Florida, and we can help you package your items safely and cheaply!!!